What to wear wine tasting in France is different than what you might wear in the States. In this video, we give you tips on what to wear that are practical, comfortable, and stylish.
What to Wear Wine Tasting in France (Video Transcript)
Hi, this is Pascale Bernasse with French Wine Explorers, and this is your Tuesday Tip in About a Minute.
Almost every day I have a guest who calls and asks me what they should wear on a wine tour. Pierre and I have come up with workhorse outfits that allow us to know exactly what we’re going to pack, and not have to worry that we haven’t packed the right outfits.
Here are some tips for what you should wear on your next wine tour:
For men and women, there are a few things that you want to keep in mind that are relevant for both.
- First are comfortable shoes.
- Very often you’ll be going up and down stairs and even doing wine tastings standing in the cellars, so you want to make sure that you have comfortable shoes that are still fashionable.
- Next, layers.
- The cellars are 54 degrees, so if it’s 80 degrees outside, it will start to feel quite chilly after a few minutes.
- Bring light sweaters to the tastings so that if you feel chilly, you’ll have something to put on.
- The third item is an all-weather jacket.
- Even though you’ll be traveling during one season, you may experience three seasons in one day.
- An all-weather jacket is going to allow you to be protected against the wind, the rain, and the cold.
Now let’s get to the specific outfit ideas.
- For men I recommend khakis or dark rinse jeans, and an oxford or a polo, and—if it’s warm enough—shorts are perfectly acceptable.
- For the ladies, I recommend something very similar. Dark pants or dark rinse jeans with a nice top, and—if it’s warm enough—you may consider a dress or a skirt, but I’d probably leave the shorts at home.
And that’s it! That’s your Tuesday Tip in About a Minute.
Interested in learning more about our tours to Burgundy, Bordeaux, the Loire Valley, or any region in France? Check out our regional tour page here.
Want to travel with only a carry-on? It’s a gamechanger and eliminates so many potential travel issues such as lost luggage, and the hassle of dragging around clothes you end up not wearing! Click on the video below to find out how to do so.