10 French Phrases That Are Surprisingly Easy to Learn
In this video we give you our list of top 10 French phrases and words that are easy to learn–along with proper pronunciation–to help you on your next trip to France, wine tasting and beyond.
Hi, this is Pascale Bernasse with French Wine Explorers, and this is your Tuesday Tip in About a Minute.
Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “No man should ever travel until he learns the language of the country he visits.” And I couldn’t agree more. But what if you don’t have time to learn French before your wine tour in France? Here are some basic phrases beyond bonjour and au revoir to help you for your next trip to France.
- Merci (mer see) – Thank you
- Pardon (pahr-don) – Excuse me
- Je voudrais (zhuh voo dreh) – I would like
- S’il vous plait (sel voo pleh) – Please
- And importantly, Oú sont les toilettes? – Where are the bathrooms?
For those of you planning a wine tour, here are five phrases or words that will benefit you on your next trip:
- Vin (venh) – Which is wine.
- Vin Rouge(venh roozh) – Red wine
- Vin Blanc (venh blah) – White wine
- En Verre (vehr) – A glass
- À votre santé (ah vo-tr san-tay) – Which is, To your health.
And that’s it! That’s your Tuesday Tip in About a Minute. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you can stay up to date on what’s going on in the world of French wine. And stay tuned for our next Tuesday Tip in About a Minute. Visit us at wine-tours-france.com.