Rhone and Provence Wine Tours
Provence Wine Tours: indulge in sumptuous scenery and rich, sun-gorged wines.
Great Estates of the Southern Rhone
Embark on a 7-day odyssey through the Southern Rhone’s enchanting wine havens. Dive into Chateauneuf-du-Pape’s iconic wines with guided visits to leading estates. Explore Gigondas, Vacqueyras, and the captivating village of Gordes, a creative haven. Delight in Tavel’s exceptional rosés and Lirac’s reds before witnessing the grandeur of Pont du Gard. Your transformative journey leaves you with cherished memories of the Southern Rhone’s beauty.
Private option available for groups of 8 or more.
US$6900.00 per person, double occupancy
Provence Wine Tour Packages
Short, value-priced, pre-packaged private Provence wine tours that feature the region’s top estates, best Provence hotels, and finest restaurants. A great value, just choose your package and choose your dates! Tours are available year-round.
New Small Group Private Tours!
Do you prefer to travel with only the members of your party? Let us arrange a private wine tasting tour for you! This is a perfect way for a group of friends looking for a fun and relaxing week of gastronomic discovery in France. We can arrange an exciting wine and food tasting adventure just for you. This is your best choice if:
- You have a group of 6-12 traveling
- You want a curated wine tasting tour with special amenities
- You are looking for a special hotel, villa or chateau stay
Contact us for more information on custom small group wine tours in France.
Recently Recognized In
About Provence Wine Tours
Provence wine tours can offer some of the most rewarding wine tour experiences in France. Following the wide Rhone River south from Lyon, vineyards are perched perilously on impossibly steep slopes, giving this part of the valley a distinctive and dramatic look.
- The Northern Rhone is where Syrah and Viognier make prestigious wines such as Côte Rôtie, Hermitage, and Condrieu.
- Your tastings will include the best négociants such as Chapoutier and Guigal, and the top boutique producers, Cuilleron, Clape or Gérin.
- Enjoy luxury accommodations with Michelin-starred dining on the banks of the Rhone or in the charming city of Vienne with its amazing Roman ruins.
Heading south, you’ll discover the charming medieval villages and colorful red-tiled roofs of Provence.
- Explore the famous appellations of Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Tavel, Gigondas, and Côtes du Rhône Villages with tastings at some of their finest estates, including the renowned Chateau de Beaucastel and Chateau de la Nerthe.
- Stay in Avignon’s historic walled city, close to the majestic Pope’s Palace, shopping, and restaurants, or in the countryside among the vineyards.
- Between tastings, you’ll experience the rich history and flavors of Provence as you visit Roman ruins and open-air markets, and you’ll enjoy the delectable cuisine of Provence at some of the area’s best restaurants.
Provence Wine Tours Available:
A Taste of Provence and the French Riviera
Wine Tours in the Rhone Valley and Provence boast some of the most beautiful vineyards in France. Vines cover the landscape as far as the eye can see, punctuated by olive groves and lavender fields. This region is also a food lover’s paradise with both sweet and savory treasures to be discovered. The French Riviera provides a rich variety of fascinating sites to discover while enjoying the full-bodied, expressive local wines and sun-drenched Provençale cuisine. And if you travel during the early fall, you may also enjoy a private wine harvest activity to experience wine from grapes to glass!
Highlights of your tour include:
- 2 nights deluxe accommodations at 5-star boutique Hotel La Mirande in Avignon
- 2 nights deluxe accommodations at 5-star luxury Relais and Chateau member Hotel l’Auberge de Berne
- 2 nights deluxe accommodations at 5-star Relais Chateau Member Chateau de Chevre d’Or in Eze
- Gourmet Buffet breakfast each day
- 2 gourmet lunches, 2 gourmet dinners, including Table d’hote welcome dinner with a chef in Avignon
- View the itinerary here: Private Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
Great Estates of Provence Wine Tour
Embark on a 7-day odyssey through the Southern Rhone’s enchanting wine havens. Arrive in Avignon and settle into the luxurious Hotel La Mirande. Dive into Chateauneuf-du-Pape’s iconic wines with guided visits to leading estates. Explore Gigondas, Vacqueyras, and the captivating village of Gordes, a creative haven. Delight in Tavel’s exceptional rosés and Lirac’s reds before witnessing the grandeur of Pont du Gard. Experience the fusion of art and wine in Les Baux de Provence, savoring tastings of AOC-rated wines. Deepen your Chateauneuf du Pape appreciation on Day Six, culminating in a farewell lunch. Your transformative journey ends, leaving you with cherished memories of the Southern Rhone’s beauty.
Highlights of your tour include:
- A customized itinerary featuring the best hotel, estate, and touring elements tailored to your preferences.
- The services of an English-speaking professional guide on touring days
- Transportation throughout, including transfers, by deluxe, air-conditioned sedan or deluxe minivan
- 6 nights in a Double Room at the 5* Hotel La Mirande in Avignon
- Daily buffet breakfasts, 2 lunches with premium wine, mineral water, coffee or tea, welcome chef’s table dinner
- Tours and tastings at some of the finest chateaux and estates of each region
- Click here to view the full itinerary
All programs are hosted by high-level professional guides who are wine specialists and insiders who live in the region.
Contact us today by email at [email protected] or call us at 1-410-745-5406 (USA). Start planning your trip filled with memories that will last a lifetime.